We are seeking an ambitious and analytically minded Head of Game Intelligence to join one of the world’s largest independent Online Games Studios. Expect to play an integral role in leading and managing the Game Intelligence function for the MMORPG Runescape. Read on...
With 3 Guinness world records; a Queen’s Award for Enterprise (2011) a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 (2010); a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for (2008) and countless other awards to their name, this multi-award winning business employ over 550 people and sit at the very forefront of the online games industry, developing and publishing mini games and leading titles interacted by millions worldwide!
As the Head of Gaming Intelligence you will provide product strategy, revenue optimisation and recommendations that drive products forward based upon solid metrics, in depth analytics, statistics and forecasting, this includes:
- Overseeing and managing the Product Analyst function.
- Liaising closely with the senior management team to inform, influence and support product decisions.
- Taking responsibility and accountability for Product Analyst projects and managing the workload and priorities within the team.
- Analysing and interpreting game data to drive the tuning of in-game mechanics, identifying new game features and improving conversion, retention and monetisation.
- Coordinating A/B tests, evaluating and interpreting the results.
- Preparing and distributing regular KPI reports with commentary and analysis.
- Creating queries and reports to provide insight into new or ad hoc questions.
- Proactively mining game data, extracting and sharing useful insights.
- Developing and measuring success metrics for key projects and updates.
- Liaising closely with the Business Intelligence team regarding product changes and effect on metrics.
Required skills... Whether you call yourself a Head of Game Intelligence, Insight Analyst, Gaming Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst or similar, we don’t mind, you just need to be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in managing a key analysis function and reporting information to senior management.
- Good knowledge of SQL; can understand, manipulate and interrogate data.
- Detail oriented and analytical; seeks to understand subtleties and challenge the unexpected.
- Passion for games.
- Competent with MS Excel.
- Proven ability to gain a detailed understanding of a product and its data metrics.
- Agile with a "can do" attitude; always striving to find an answer using available resources.
- Passion to shape the RuneScape production pipeline based upon sound game intelligence analysis and research.
Joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people you will get to work with one of the largest independent games Studios in the World so expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Bonuses, private healthcare, flexible working, gym membership and loads more. Get in touch...
Keywords: Head of Game Intelligence, BI Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Insight Analyst, Head of Insight, BI, Business Intelligence, Games Analyst, Gaming Intelligence, Data Intelligence, Marketing Insight, Game Intelligence Jobs in Cambridge, Insight Jobs in Cambridge, BI Jobs in the South East, Business Intelligence Jobs in Cambridge, Analyst Jobs in Gaming, South East, Anglia, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1.
Since 2002 Guru have helped companies hire more effectively. Using up to the minute talent attraction techniques, a wide reaching advertising network and in-house technology our services help employers save time and money whilst reaching enthusiastic and inspired talent.