We are seeking a Senior Developer / Lead Tools Developer (Java / C++) to join a cutting edge technologies team within one of world’s largest independent Online Games Studios. Read on...
With 3 Guinness world records; a Queen’s Award for Enterprise (2011) a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 (2010); a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for (2008) and countless other awards to their name, this multi-award winning business employ over 450 people and sit at the very forefront of the online games industry, developing and publishing mini games and leading titles interacted by millions worldwide!
Working as part of a high profile MMO technologies team you will join as a Lead Tools Developer skilled in Java/C++ and OOP techniques. Your role will be to develop new in-house tools to support the content development and graphics teams while also working with code libraries, scripting languages, game engines and in-house tools. Expect to lead projects; oversee design and development; line manage development teams; research new technology; enhance tool libraries; be hands on (Java / C++ / HTML5).
Expanding their MMO offering they have exciting plans to evolve and grow its tools and content development platform, this opening gives you the chance to help them do it!
To qualify... We are seeking a Senior Developer / Software Developer / Software Engineer / Tools Developer or similar with strong skills in Java / C++ and who can demonstrate:
- High-level knowledge of Java/C++ and of object orientated programming techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Clear understanding and appreciation of code design philosophies.
- Strong academic background at degree level or equivalent.
- Good industry track record, which may include previously published products, or tools development experience.
- Keen understanding of the modern content creation pipelines.
- Experience as a lead programmer.
- Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
- Capacity to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, determination and flexibility.
- Experience of working with agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban).
Knowledge of other platforms including, but not limited to, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android or experience of working on network and MMO games is advantageous as is any exposure to HTML5, including WebGL/WebAudio.
Joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people you will get to work with one of the largest independent games Studios in the World so expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Bonuses, private healthcare, flexible working, gym membership and loads more. Get in touch...
Keywords: Lead Developer, Senior Software Engineer, Software Developer, Tools Developer, Tools Programmer, Games Engine Developer, Tools Development, Lead Programmer, Java, C++, Web Applications Developer, HTML5, Software Developer, Games Programmer, Games Developer, Software Programmer, Software Development Jobs in Cambridge, Java, C++, Software Development Jobs in Cambridge, Tools Development Jobs in Cambridge, Software Engineering Jobs in Cambridge, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1